Northern Engraving was formed in 1939 by Robert Carstensen and Tom Schroeder and run by family members.
Robert E. Jossart purchased it in 1965.
Northern Engraving was purchased by Paper Converting Machine Company in 1980. Continued growth made expansion of the Cofrin Street facility necessary during the 1980s. Northern Engraving Division currently has 75,000 square feet of total space. In 2005, PCMC and Northern Engraving were acquired by Barry-Wehmiller. With a history of sixty years of sustained growth, Northern Engraving Division will continue to expand its facilities to meet the demands of future markets.
We have many firsts in the industry
- 1999 – Began to design very specialized embossers/calendars for the industry (over 400PLI and 3000fpm operation).
- 2001 – Purchased the first laser in NA for embossing, beginning production in 2002.
- 2003 – Introduced NET, a system for quick change embossing patterns.
- Northern continues to develop specialized products and processes.
Pattern, Tooling and Roll records Dating to 1939
- Maintain Pattern Usage Histories
- Maintain Roll Size Histories
- Easily Replicate Previous Orders
Single Source Project Management
- Detailed Project Scheduling/Follow-up